BTVIgnite is now hiring for a project manager! Please see the job description below:
BTV Ignite: Project Manager
BTV Ignite: Project Manager
BTV Ignite is the name of the Burlington-U.S. Ignite partnership. U.S. Ignite encourages public, private and academic institutions to focus attention on opportunities presented by the digital economy and emerging technologies, coordinate priorities, and create investment opportunities within the community. BTV Ignite seeks to leverage the powerful City-wide gigabit infrastructure to allow local entrepreneurs to develop next generation high bandwidth Internet applications that will change the way that we live, work, administer services and govern.
The BTV Ignite Project Manager is responsible for working to advance three specific near-term initiatives outlined by the Board (described below) as well as working with local stakeholders to support BTV Ignite’s unique ability to convene stakeholders and help prioritize institutional investments in support of a thriving local tech economy that is accessible to all residents.
The Project Manager will have the responsibility to assist the Board in developing its next set of short, medium, and long-range economic development initiatives. The Project Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for organizations like U.S. Ignite; staff the BT Innovation Fund Investment Committee; and manage an annual competitive process to award $50,000 in funding to the local non-profit or entrepreneurial support organization(s) best placed to support teaching technical skills, STEM education, and workforce development for Burlington youth and workforce, principally those for whom this would create new economic opportunities.
The three major initiatives outlined by the Board include:
1. Brand Development and Marketing Outreach to tell the story of Burlington’s success and attract talented people and innovative companies to grow that success. The effort will require coordination among BTV-Ignite stakeholders as well as coordination with non-traditional stakeholders. for recruiting purposes.
2. Developing a Technology-Based Solution (a “Smart City” solution) to a Pressing Community Challenge: Through BTV Ignite, leverage partners and networks to attract vendor and local interest in Burlington’s smart city efforts. Working with the City and Ignite leaders, develop a targeted Request for Information that solicits concepts for solutions to identified challenges utilizing technology that is currently deployable or nearing effective deployment.
a. Convene a reviewer’s panel to determine the challenge to be addressed based on the likelihood of success based upon the proposals submitted.
b. Develop and publish a detailed Request for Proposal and convene a reviewer’s panel to judge the submissions and award the grant to proceed.
c. Execute all paperwork relating to the grant. Managing all press and outward facing media relating to the project.
d. Handing all grant close-out requirement
3. Strengthening the Ecosystem: Support improvements in education, workforce development, and business development that reflect the changing needs and opportunities of a digital economy, including close coordination with the City and a number of BTVIgnite partners to map the local opportunities for expanded skill development.
a. Running, on an annual basis, a competitive process to award $50,000 in funding to the local non-profit or entrepreneurial support organization(s) best placed to support teaching technical skills, STEM education, and workforce development for Burlington youth and workforce, principally those for whom this would create new economic opportunities.
b. Convene regular (frequency to be determined by Ignite Board) meetings of key persons working in the entrepreneurial and business development space to include as broad an audience as possible.
c. Develop and deploy an ‘Innovation Week’ concept into the best marketing and branding opportunity for the city/region.
d. Convene quarterly meeting of the owners/managers of ‘place and space’ venues.
The Project Manager will have additional responsibilities, including:
· Organizing and staffing bi-monthly meetings of the BTV Ignite Board and monthly meetings of the Executive Committee, as well as any other active committees, including preparing agendas and materials to support the committee.
· Making or coordinating periodic reports to relevant elected or appointed bodies, such as the Burlington City Council, stakeholder organizations, or partner organizations.
· Forging relationships with individuals in similar positions in other U.S. Ignite Communities, with a view to creating partnering opportunities around complimentary core capabilities and facilitating the sharing of best practice and successful initiatives, driving broader community awareness and involvement.
· Serving as Burlington’s liaison to U.S. Ignite, including attending national gatherings and periodic trips to other U.S. Ignite cities.
· Serving as Burlington’s representative on collaborative projects that leverage the adoption and expansion of BT’s fiber network.
SUPERVISION: The Project Manager reports to the BTV Ignite Board of Directors for policy and priority guidance as well as the same from the Executive Committee. On a day-to-day basis, the position reports and gets operational guidance from the President of the Chamber of Commerce
The candidate should:
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree (additional experience may be considered in place of degree requirements)
· Have a good understanding of the current tech environment and demonstrable evidence of using technology to improve outcomes.
· Project management experience
· Experience in data analysis, process improvement, program evaluation, performance management or similar activities
· Experience evaluating processes, programs and policies, creating recommendations for improvement, and developing plans for implementation of recommendations
· Proficiency in common data analysis and presentation tools.
· Be a high energy self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to manage tight deadlines and real outcomes
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $40,000.00+ plus all Chamber of Commerce benefits.